[Insight-users] FFT

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 3 13:52:24 EDT 2008

Hi Alexandre,

     It is *impossible* to try it all  :-)

You may have tried many combinations,...

and
certainly enough of them for generating frustration.

     So... let's start from the beginning

Take a deep breath and give us real technical
information that we could use.

1) You seem to have tried with the Circle.png file.
    Did you used the command that I suggested in my
    previous email ?:

     FFTImageFilter.exe
       Insight/Examples/Data/Circle.png
       circleReal.mhd
       circleImg.mhd

2) If it didn't work, then please tell us
    How do you arrive to the conclusion that
    it is not working.

    a) Did it crashed ?
    b) Did it throw an exception ?
    c) Did it produced an empty image ?

    From your description it seems that it
    is running and producing a:

          "The same results:
           one level of grey scale"

     which lead us to think that what you
     may have is a visualization issue.

     The FFT of a medical image will be typically
     an image full of zeros, with a few non-zero
     values concentrated in the corners.

     What are you using for visualizing the
     output images ?

     What file format are you using for storing
     the output image ?

     As an example of the correct output,
     I'm attaching to this email the files

            circleReal.png
            circleImg.png

     Please take a look at them and let us
     know if they look like the ones you get.

3) For the record:

     Yes, you can convert your DICOM images
     to PNG. but that's not the right solution
     for your problem in this case. The input
     file format, should be irrelevant here,
     *as long* as you are declaring your image
     to be of the correct pixel type.

     Tell us more about your DICOM image:

      - What is the image modality ?
      - What is the Dimension ? (2D or 3D)