[Insight-users] MetaImageIO problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 3 14:11:37 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

I committed to ITK the tests for images larger than 2Gb.

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Testing/Code/IO/itkLargeImageWriteReadTest.cxx?root=Insight&sortby=date&view=log

You can enable them by setting the (Advanced)
CMake variable

       ITK_COMPUTER_MEMORY_SIZE

to the size of your RAM memory in GigaBytes.

The tests are run in computers with more than
3Gb of RAM.

As you pointed out, the case of MetaImages
larger than 2GB is not working properly.

(The case of image size = 1.7Gb works fine)

We will be tracking the problem...

It will be great if you could report this as
a bug in the bug tracker:

http://public.kitware.com/Bug/my_view_page.php