[Insight-users] Urgent question about Examples/Filtering/FFTImageFilterFourierDomainFiltering.cxx.

Jim Stott itk.stott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:04:24 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I am a new user and in a hurry to use ITK for a project.

After I compiled FFTImageFilterFourierDomainFiltering.cxx, I tried to run
it. I intend to save the result image to a BMP or PNG file. The error
message suggests that "BMPImageIO supports unsigned char only". I read the
ITK user mannual about this example (page 256, 6.10.2), it doesn't mention
anything about what image format you can save to.

Is that because the output of VnlFFT filter cannot be processed by
ImageFileWriter?
If this is the case, how can I change code in order to save the result image
to a BMP or other image formats.

Many thank!

The following is the error message

filter.exe  input.bmp  mask.bmp  result.bmp ( This is my command line
input.)

Error writing the real image:

itk::ExceptionObject (0131EC58)

Location: "void __thiscall itk::BMPImageIO::Write(const void *)"

File: ..\..\..\InsightToolkit-3.4.0\Code\IO\itkBMPImageIO.cxx

Line: 650

char only