[Insight-users] how to use the new segmentation methods?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 6 12:27:33 EDT 2008

Hi Orientation f,

I'm looking at Chunming Li's web page

          http://vuiis.vanderbilt.edu/~licm/

and trying to identify the specific publication that you mention.

Could you please specify which one of the following papers is
relevant:

    1. Chunming Li, Chiu-Yen Kao, John C. Gore, and Zhaohua Ding,
"Minimization of Region-Scalable Fitting Energy for Image Segmentation",
to appear in IEEE Trans. Image Processing.

    2. Chunming Li, Chenyang Xu, Changfeng Gui, and Martin D. Fox,
"Regularized Level Set Evolution and its Application to Image
Segmentation", submitted, 2007.

    3.  Chunming Li, Chiu-Yen Kao, John C. Gore, and Zhaohua Ding,
"Implicit Active Contours Driven by Local Binary Fitting Energy", CVPR
2007. (pdf, BibTex, demos)

    4.  Chunming Li, Chenyang Xu, Changfeng Gui, and  Martin D. Fox,
"Level Set Evolution Without Reinitialization: A New Variational
Formulation", CVPR 2005. (pdf, BibTex, demos)

    5. Chunming Li, Jundong Liu, and Martin D. Fox, "Segmentation of
Edge Preserving Gradient Vector Flow: An Approach Toward Automatically
Initializing and Splitting of Snakes", CVPR 2005. (pdf, BibTex, demos)

    6. Chunming Li, Jundong Liu, and Martin D. Fox, "Segmentation of
External Force Field for Automatic Initialization and Splitting of
Snakes", Pattern Recognition, 2005.

Should we look at any of the code in the following page:
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~cmli/code/   ??

Please be more specific on the method that you are interested
on, so that we can contact Dr. Li with a *specific* request
for his code.

     Thanks,

        Luis