[Insight-users] multiple material marching cubes

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:49:03 EDT 2008

OK, now I recall this paper. It works with segmented data, that is
data that has discrete labels. This will not work on your data. If you
segment your data with techniques available in software systems such
as itk (http://www.itk.org), then you can use vtkDIscreteMarchingCubes
to generate surface similar to those found in the referenced paper.
Perhaps the authors have software you can try and compare the results
with vtkDiscreteMarchintgCUbes followed by non-manifold smoothing in
vtk.

In this talk: http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/images/6/64/BeyondPixels.ppt
you can see some results of vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes run on the
Visible Human data.

Bill