[Insight-users] Iteration Monitoring for LBFGSB optimization method

Youbing youbing-yin at uiowa.edu
Sun Apr 13 11:50:39 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am learning how to use LBFGSB (itk::LBFGSOptimizer.h). I ran the example
"DeformableRegistration8.cxx" and found all current value of the cost
function are zero (shown below). The three values correspond to iteration
number, current cost function value, and InfinityNormOfProjectedGradient.

Starting Registration
0   0   0
0   0   0
0   0   0.000960382
1   0   0.000960382
1   0   0.00139707
2   0   0.00139707
2   0   0.00139707
2   0   0.00139707
2   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493
3   0   0.00100493

The itk version I used is "InsightToolkit_2_25_2008", not the released
version. Is it caused by the itk version? Could anyone give me some hints?
Thanks!

Youbing