[Insight-users] Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform

Boettcher, Dr. Peter Boettcher at kleintierklinik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Apr 21 13:03:50 EDT 2008

Dear Bill

Yes I already used the Insight/Examples/DigitallyReconstructedRadiograph1.cxx example. Unfortunately I have problems defining the proper transformation. Instead of transforming the object (e.g. bone volume) the virtual C-arm is rotated as well as translated around the image volume. When I define only a rotation or a translation every thing works fine. However when I apply both rotation as well as translation the result is not what I expected.

Using a parallel projection for the generation of DRR would be of less value for me as I would like to match those DRRs to a real fluoroscopic image. In fact I must admit that I miss a function like itkRayCaster-SetViewAngle(). As the itk::ResampleImageFilter defining the dimensions as well as the image resolution of the DRR is generated after the itk::RayCaster has done its work suggests, that the projection angle at which the RayCaster calculates the DRR is fixed.

However if anyone could explain me the proper usage of DigitallyReconstructedRadiograph1.cxx, maybe that will solve my problem. Anyway I thought using itk::Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform would be more efficient as it has been especially designed to generate DRRs ;-)

Regards, Peter.