[Insight-users] some questions with the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx

feng yang yalltroy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:53:54 EDT 2008

hi,Luis,
Thanks very much for your reply!
I have noticed the
ThinPlateR2LogRSplineKernelTransform<http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThinPlateR2LogRSplineKernelTransform.html>
just
this morning,and I have done the experiments with it as well as with
ThinPlateSplineTransform using the same image.But the results are almost the
same.I don't know why there are the same results with the different GMatrix.

In addition, I still have the question:
According to the ThinPlateSpline theory, the farther the pixel distant from
the original Landmark,the smaller the deformation will be (This is because
the sum of the wi*r will be smaller).So that the deformation at infinity
will be zero.
But when I can use the ThinPlateSplineWarp.cxx to get the deformation field,
the deformation field is bigger in the edge than in the centre. Can you help
me?

feng