[Insight-users] Marching Cubes itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:27:11 EDT 2008

Luis,

A minor addition (or correction) to your comments on vtkMarchingCubes.
The SynchronizedTemplates code you mentioned also resided in the vtk
Patented directory. I'm pretty sure those algrotihms never eceived a
US patent. Your employer can clarify this. While they resided in the
Patented directory, the ST code did have the comments:
 	  	  	 THIS CLASS IS PATENT PENDING.

 	  	  	Application of this software for commercial purposes requires
 	  	  	a license grant from Kitware. Contact:
 	  	  	Ken Martin
 	  	  	Kitware
                        28 Corporate Drive Suite 204,
                        Clifton Park, NY 12065
      	  	  	Phone:1-518-371-3971
         	  	for more information.

The vtkMarchingContourFilter uses Marching Cubes if the data set is appropriate.

Bill