[Insight-users] Kd-tree implementation in ITK is buggy and unreliable

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 25 10:03:35 EDT 2008

Hi Ali,

Could you please report

   1) How many points (measurement vectors) are you
      currently feeding into the KdTreeGenerator ?

and

   2) What value of "BucketSize" did you use ?

The problem reported in the bug

Seems to be simply the result of a poor choice
on the value of the bucket size parameter.
For the test case reported in that bug, increasing
the value from 16 to 30 solves the problem.

We are wondering if the problem that you are
experiencing is also the result of poor parameter
setting.

    Please let us know,