[Insight-users] can't build (ITK) hello world

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 25 18:02:18 EDT 2008

Hi John,

Please do the following:

1) Check the size of the library with the command:

    ls -l /usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/libITKCommon.a

2) Check also the permissions of the file
    (e.g. make sure that you (as Linux user) has read
    access to that file).
    You probably used root access (or sudo) in order
    to intall ITK in /usr/local/lib

3) Check that you are building the example with the
    exact same gcc compiler that you used for building ITK.

4) Please let us know what version of ITK and what
    version of CMake you are using.

Please post to the list what you find from looking
at the points listed above.