[Insight-users] 3D Segmentation Mask

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:28:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to create a mask for segmentation. The way i'm thinking of doing it is using a MaskImageFilter to mask my DICOM object with a vtkActor cube object that I generated just from points. To do that I need to figure out 1 of 2 things (due to the fact that you can't plug an actor straight into the mask filter). Either I replace that vtkActor with some sort of ITK box primitive that can go straight into the filter, OR I somehow convert the object into the correct itk image form.

Does that make sense?? Generally I just want to segment only the stuff inside a box that I can move around. That's the simple way of putting it.

I was looking at this example in the Insight Applications  "vtkPolyDataToITKMesh.cxx" , but I'm not sure thats what I'm after. Also I found a bit on the mailing list about "TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter" but that has just left me even more confused.

Is there an easier way to create an interactive/movable/scaleable 3D mask, other than a cube represented by a vtkActor? What sort of stuff should I be looking to use for this approach (or a similar one) ??

Thanks in advance,
Cameron.

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT