[Insight-users] ImageSeriesReader memory allocation for large datasets

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:19:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've experienced the same problem Marius reported. When I try to open a
large volume with itk::ImageSeriesReader on windows XP it fails allocating
memory when there's enough system memory available.

I've tried to load several large volumes (400-600Mb) on the same system with
2 Gb of RAM under linux and windows vista, and I didn't have any problem,
but under windows xp they give me allocation failures ( all tried OS
versions were 32 bit ) so it seems it is a windows xp problem with memory
management.

Did someone find any solution for this problem? Is there some workaround to
avoid this lack of memory on windows xp?

Any hint would be very apreciatte.