[Insight-users] Line or Path object as Initial LevelSet in FastMarchingImageFiler

GOUEDARD Claude claude.gouedard at cea.fr
Thu Aug 7 09:53:31 EDT 2008

Hi all ,
I'm interested in a true Distance Map output like in
FastMarchingImageFiler, rather than discrete levelset in all other (?)
Segmentation
filters.
However, all examples about FastMarching start from only one seed point.*
I'm rather interested in constructing  a line seed points (in 2D) or a
surface seed points (in 3D) from a computed vector or surface.

In the user mailing list,  I can see that "one of the best way to get a
set of seed point is to use/ ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter
/from a binary image". ( 2003-June/004061.html )

Is there a simpler method to get, as input seeds , a line ( or a plan),
let say as an  example, parallel to one axis.
Am I forced to iterate on seed nodes to input them in the filter?

Regards,

Claude
//