[Insight-users] Confused about Cmake parameters to build InsightApplications-3.8.0

Ian Campbell bobthewondercow at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 15:34:11 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to build the Insight Applications (v. 3.8.0) package with limited success.  Cmake is not able to autodetect the correct values for ITK_VTK_WRAP_PYTHON and ITK_VTK_WRAP_TCL and I'm not really sure what I should be pointing these toward.  Would anybody be able to provide me with the paths and/or filenames they used for these options?

Also, can anyone think of a step I might have missed in the compiling process that might have caused this problem?  When I compiled ITK, I sort of expected Cmake to give me an option to use VTK, but there was no mention of VTK anywhere in the parameters.  I told CSWIG to wrap Python and Tcl, but I guess that isn't the solution to my problem.

I am using Insight Toolkit, Applications, and CableSwig all v. 3.8.0, and VTK v. 4.4.2 on Ubuntu 8.04, compiling with gcc and g++, in case it matters.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!
Ian Campbell