[Insight-users] microscopy stacks and stitching

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Aug 13 07:33:48 EDT 2008

On Friday 08 August 2008 09:05:56 pm Darren Weber wrote:
> I'm working with flourescent microscopy data for C. elegans.  The data for
> an animal is acquired in sections (say 10 sections), each section contains
> stacks of 100+ images of about 1024x1024.  The data can be anything from
> 8bit to 16bit and various formats (.tiff seems to be a common export
> option).
>
> I just read with some interest this news item:
> http://www.kitware.com/company/news/nobel-prize.html
>
> Are the tools for stitching stacks available in the open-source code for
> ITK?
>
> Best, Darren

This takes two three dimensional images and aligns them based on the region
you expect to overlap

_________________      _________________
|                     aa   |     |                            |
|                  aa      |     |           b               |
|               aa         |     |        bb                |
|            aa            |     |     bb                   |
|         aa               |     |  bb                      |
|       a                   |     | b                         |
|________________|     |________________|

                   _________________
                   |                            |
                   |           b               |
                   |        bb                |
                   |     bb                   |
|               aa         |
|            aa            |
|         aa               |

Is this what you're after, or do you have the alignment you just need to
assemble them.