[Insight-users] meaning of Update() function? where exactly this function should be placed ?

Daniel Mace dlm19 at duke.edu
Mon Aug 25 00:59:56 EDT 2008

Martine,

You should only need to call Update() on the last filter in the pipeline
(in your case, the writers).  As you noted, the Update() on the writer
will trickle down and call Update on all the filters in the pipeline.
It should also be called after you have set all the parameters for all
the filters in the pipeline.  In your case, you are calling
writer4->Update() before you have set the parameters for your
FastMarchingFilter (which might be why it keeps running).

The only time I've needed to call Update() on a filter that is not the
last filter in the pipeline is to Update the reader if I need to get the
size of the image prior to updating the pipeline (which, may or may not
have been resolved by now).

Cheers,
Dan