[Insight-users] Heart extract and Rendering the Volume using VTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 25 11:09:32 EDT 2008

Hi Wassim,

Yes, you should use:

         ITK for segmentation

and

         VTK for visualization

You will find many segmentation methods described
in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You may want to explore the use of Level Sets.

Note that the heart tissue is not very well
differentiated from other tissues in CT, so
you should anticipate to have to customize
a segmentation method.

LevelSets will give you a good starting point
though...