[Insight-users] needs help for "Gaussian Curvature"

Kun kun_ch at 163.com
Wed Aug 27 18:01:26 EDT 2008

 Hi, all

    I meet a problem these days, and need help.
    I try to use Gaussian Curvature in the Level Set Method. Suppose the Level Set Function phi = f(x,y,z), and the zero-level-set-surface is phi=0, then how can I calculate the Gaussian Curvature of the surface?

And I think the curvature should be calculated using phi, is it right?

Or is there any existing code to do this? Currently, I only find the "Mean Curvature" code in ITK, but can't  find the "Gaussian Curvature" Code.

    Could anybody help me?

Thanks all.

Kun