[Insight-users] active contour based segmentation

Juliette Deniau juliette.deniau at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 1 05:31:25 EST 2008

Dear itk users,
I’m new to itk , I have just installed itk(version 3.10) with vtk and fltk. I’m doing my MSc project in image segmentation (computer vision field not medical images.)
As I heard itk is a very good tool for medical image segmentation as most of the famous algorithms are already ready to use for any image size and type. I would like to use the active contour based segmentation for 2D image segmentation but I couldn’t find a code example for it. I have checked and found that there are two active contour based filters: itk::CurvesLevelSetFunction and itk::NarrowBandCurvesLevelSetImageFilter but I couldn’t find an example for their use.
The CurvesLevelSetImageFilter example found in segmentation example folder has the same code as the fast marching algorithms!
Can any one guide me on how to use the active contour segmentation method with itk? is there any insightapplication for it ?
Any reply is highly appreciated
Best Regards
Juliette