[Insight-users] remain pixel value after segment of ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 2 17:59:15 EST 2008

Hi Kidwei,

You may want to use the MaskImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MaskImageFilter.html

Feed into it the original image and the segmented image.

You will get as output the values of the input image, but
only on the pixels that are ON in the segmented image.

However, I don't see why your "reconstruction" needs the original pixel
values. In VTK you could simply run the vtkContourFilter on the binary
segmented image.

See for example:

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
          itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx