[Insight-users] TPS landmark fitting with itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Dec 2 18:18:15 EST 2008

Hi Raja,

A) Bad news:
Nope, the itkThinPlateSplineKernelTransform  is not the class that
you should use for this task.

B) Good news:
Nick Tustison recently posted to the Insight Journal the class that
will solve your problem:

            itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter

You will find interesting to read the paper at:

                    http://hdl.handle.net/1926/140

and you will find the classes in the directory:

     Insight/Code/Review

Just make sure that you use the ITK 3.10 release or a more recent
CVS checkout.