[Insight-users] MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric: Too many samples map outside moving image buffer

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Dec 3 10:12:51 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 18:05 -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:
> Just using the method
>

>          registration->SetFixedImageRegion(  region )
>

> and setting the region to the rectangular overlap should do the trick.

Thank you Luis.

That is simpler. I must have been concerned about the total amount of
memory used at the time that I wrote that program, because I seem to do
some weird gymnastics to avoid ever loading two images at the same time.

Urlek,

If you can load both of your images into memory, and particularly if you
have enough memory to use the gradient image with the
MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric, then you should be able to make the
program simpler by removing the region of interest filters, and much
faster, by changing the metric and optimizer types.