[Insight-users] store DictionaryArrayRawPointer

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Wed Dec 3 10:58:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to open a dicom series, make some stuffs and write it. I'm aware of the potential danger, but I'm trying!
Everything is fine when I do:
SeriesWriter->SetMetaDataDictionaryArray( SeriesReader->GetMetaDataDictionaryArray());

But for memory consumption, I wish to "delete()" all intermediary filters including SeriesReader. So I tried to store
the DictionaryArrayRawPointer and give it back to the writer :
ReaderType::DictionaryArrayRawPointer DicomDictionaryArray;
DicomDictionaryArray = SeriesReader->GetMetaDataDictionaryArray();
SeriesWriter->SetMetaDataDictionaryArray( DicomDictionaryArray);

The issue is that I get a runtime error because of the pointer.
I guess that it is only a C++ issue but I can't find the key...

Thanks for your ideas!

Laurent.