[Insight-users] Registration method

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Dec 6 18:10:50 EST 2008

Hi Nour,

              Welcome to ITK !

Yes,
you can do PointSet registration with ITK.

Please do the following:

1) Build ITK by turning ON the ITK_USE_REVIEW (advanced) flag in CMake.

2) Use the itkVTKPolyDataReader.h class that you can find in
    Insight/Code/Review, in order to load the two polydata files
    into ITK. This will read legacy files in .vtk format.

    If you have VRML file, then convert them first to .vtk files.
    You can do this by using VTK readers and writers.

3) Use the ICP method, as described in the examples:

       Insight/Examples/Patented
          IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx
          IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx
          IterativeClosestPoint3.cxx

     Please note that the patent on the ICP method has expired,
     so you don't have to worry about it at this point.