[Insight-users] Memory leak in the MeshSource

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Wed Dec 10 10:10:49 EST 2008

Hi all,

I’m trying to locate a memory leak in our application.  When I use the following code:

      MeshSourceType::Pointer meshSource = MeshSourceType::New();

      meshSource->SetInput( pBinImg );

      meshSource->SetObjectValue( 1 );

      meshSource->Update();

      MeshType::Pointer mesh= meshSource->GetOutput();

      return mesh;

I get a memory leak at the meshSource->Update() method.  The error is:

{1506387} normal block at 0x0555CFF8, 0 bytes long.

 Data: <> €û_

If I don’t do the meshSource->Update(), then there are no leaks.  Since I create the Meshsource, update it and then return it immediately, do I really need to do the Update(). Is there something that I’m missing?  I have the latest build of the ITK and the issue still happens.

Doug

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com

Senior Software Engineer

MBF Bioscience (Microbrightfield, Inc.)