[Insight-users] segmentation parameter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 10 16:41:59 EST 2008

Hi Orientation f,

1) The value 3.0 is recommended as a good typical
    parameter for conductance. Higher values will do stronger smoothing.

2) The advection scaling parameter is *relative* to the propagation
    scaling and the curvature scaling.

    When you want to emphasize one over the other you may want to go
    with ratios as large as 100x between them.

3) No, ITK maintains a clear separation between data objects and
    processing objects. If you need the intensity range of an image
    you should use the MinimumMaximumImageCalculator.