[Insight-users] Threshold Image filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 22 08:47:44 EST 2008

Hi Raghu,

No, you can not use the Threshold filter on a RGB image.

If you want to implement such operation, you should first
define the comparison operation:

           RGBValue1 > RGBValue2

That is:

     how do you define when a RGB triplet is
     LARGER THAN another RGB triplet.

Once you come up with such definition, it will be trivial
to implement a Threshold filter on RGB image.

What is commonly done is to simply convert the RGB image
to a Luminance image (which is a scalar image), and then
apply the standard Threshold filter to it.