[Insight-users] Measuring tumor diameter

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 22 10:01:37 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Richard Beare <richard.beare at gmail.com> wrote:
> actually segmenting the tumor well. There are a number of tricks that
> might help speed things up.
>
> Here are a few thoughts:

Richard,

These are nice ideas, thank you!

The initial implementation I developed is using itkLineIterator to
find outside subsegments, and with the current simplification of
choosing a largest area slice in three considered image directions it
is very fast, even without the optimizations you suggest.

I will definitely consider your recommendations if we decide to make
it more general.

Andriy Fedorov