[Insight-users] Measuring tumor diameter

Celina Imielinska ci42 at columbia.edu
Mon Dec 22 14:58:34 EST 2008

Luis,

   I agree with you,.. there is also another follow up book by Gawande
"Better" A surgeon notes on performance" - thus guy is a brilliant writer,
and every student of biomedical engineering should read his books.

   If we think that there is x number of people in the world who can build
meaningful imaging technology for practical medicine - and there is
medicine in dire need to be served by well-tailored imaging technology -
then books like Gawande can help "technocrats" to zero in on problems that
are trully "on the top of the list", instead of producing, often highly
publishable/presentable/convincing but otherwise anectodal solutions.

   we could discuss it on this forum, since there are many new people
getting into this field and thinking about what to work on,

   so Gawande's books are easy-reading and eye opening.

    Celina