[Insight-users] ConnectedThresholdImageFilter on one slice only ?

Maximilien Renard iixamaxii at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:24:59 EST 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to use ConnectedThresholdImageFilter on one slice of an 3D
Image only (the result should be the original image exactly the same
except the specified slice where we put the seed).
Now I'm extracting the slice into a new 3D Image where it is alone,
then I apply the filter and finally I copy every voxel of the filtered
image one by one into the original one. But that takes a lot of time
(the last step is very long).

Is there a better way to do that ? I'm new to ITK and I'm not
acknowledged with ITK Doxygen documentation which is quite hermetic
for me (I was used to read documentations such as the one of PHP or
Qt).

Thanks for your future help,

Best regards and merry christmas,

Maximilien Renard