[Insight-users] image orientation and registration, current status ?

Thees, Sebastian Sebastian.Thees at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Feb 1 03:49:30 EST 2008

Dear itk developer,

I am a new user of itk - so first at all, thanks for this fantastic
library and for providing it open source ! I was really surprised to
found such a comprehensive tool for image registration (and segmentation
of course) on the web.

However, from the medical-image-analysis point of view, there is one
thing I could absolutely not understood. Why do you ignore image
orientation in image registration ?!?!? It so extremely limits the easy
use of the toolkit. Even an option to use the orientation cosines should
be present.

My question: Is there an example implementation of  the solution
outlined in http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=5081 by Luis
Ibanez, so that I can continue with that for other metrics ? Or does a
patch exsists ? Hints, code snippets (i am not too much familiar with
itk and template techniques), etc are welcome ...

best regards,

Sebastian