[Insight-users] writing space units information in a NRRD file

Thu Feb 7 14:45:03 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am currently working with NRRD image files and when I read them and
write them back into a file I lose the space units information (ie
space units: "mm" "mm" "mm")  which was in the input image. I tried to
find if this piece of information was written somewhere when I load
the image but it doesn't seem so. I printed the image properties using
the Print() function and I printed the MetaDataDictionary and it
appeared in neither of them. I didn't either find any function to read
or write that in the image properties. I would like to know if it is a
bug or if ITK removes this on purpose.
Thanks,

Francois