[Insight-users] DICOMDIR

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:04:44 EST 2008

Hi Eugen;

  Support for DICOMDIR is rather limited in the gdcm 1.2 version
shipped with ITK. You would need to do some coding to retrieve the
list of files at the gdcm level.
  It will become even more complex as your DICOMDIR may contains
multiple Series. The itk::GDCMImageIO can only output one volume at a
time (you need one instance per series).

HTH
-Mathieu

On Feb 12, 2008 6:55 PM, eugen <eudyck at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a possibility to read DICOMDIR format with ITK? For now I managed
> to read series of DICOM-Images, but is there a helperclass or something,
> that gets the series names out of DICOMDIR?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Eugen

Mathieu