[Insight-users] Re: gcc error compiling Wrap ITK VXLNumerics on OSX 10.5.2 64 bit

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Feb 14 05:00:10 EST 2008

Hi Sean,

On Feb 13, 2008, at 6:16 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 2/13/08 6:10 PM, Dan White said:
>
>>> /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/cmath:123: internal compiler error: tree
>>> check:
>>> expected tree that contains 'decl minimal' structure, have
>>> 'statement_list'  in duplicate_decls, at cp/decl.c:1110
>>> Please submit a full bug report,
>>> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>>
>>> Oh, it's ICEing.  :(  So you have found a gcc bug.  You should
>>> file a
>>> bug with Apple and/or the FSF.  If you have ADC membership, you
>>> could
>>> download the beta of gcc 4.2, perhaps it is fixed there.
>>
>> Darned if I know what ICEing means...
>
> Sorry. :)  ICE = 'internal compiler error', as the quoted error
> message
> shows.  This basically means the compiler has detected a problem with
> itself.  It should never happen.  It may be possible to workaround the
> ICE of course.
>
>> but i'll file the report anyway!
>
> <https://bugreport.apple.com>
>
>> ... and try gcc 4.2 i guess...
>
> ITK has some problems with gcc 4.2, but they look like they will not
> be
> too hard to fix... see the other thread...

looks like from
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=6267

that the compiler flag problems in ITK for apple gcc 4.2 are fixed in
CVS?

Or there are other gotchas other than that bug report that i need to
watch out for
using gcc 4.2 on OSX 10.5 x86_64 to compile ITK CVS?

... guess I'll give it a go anyway...

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)
+358 (0) 468102840 (Finnish mobile, only when I'm in Finland)
http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk
dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )