Re: [Insight-users] problem with registering a sequence of images

Tomáš Kazmar Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz
Tue Feb 19 17:39:01 EST 2008

Hi Chunfang,

  I think itk registration works with images according to their spacing. The problem
you face is maybe that of spacing and itk::WarpImageFilter (or how do you
transform the moving image?), maybe something like the following is what you are
looking for:

warper->SetOutputSpacing(movingImage->GetSpacing());
warper->SetOutputOrigin(movingImage->GetOrigin());

Look at the comments in itkWarpImageFilter.h for more information.

Regards,
Tomas

# Hi, Tomas
#
# thanks for your kind help.
# I am so sorry to have not addressed my problem clearly.
#
# my task is to register a sequence of plant slice images to construct a 3D
# modal of this plant.
# The plant slice images are taken separately and the deformation between them
# are created by the outside conditions.
# So in my work, I use the CenteredRigid transform modal to represent this
# deform.
# I find out that the spacing of the image I got after first registration is
# different from the original fixed image, so when this image is taken as the
# reference image in the second registration, the results turns wrong, which
# is a very small object  in the center.
# I want to ask you that why the registration in ITK change the spacing of the
# image, or if I got some error in understanding this problem.
#
# The suggestion in your letter is very useful, and I should choose a pivot
# image to align all the other to it
# I have read the groupwise registration method you recommanded to me, but I
# got confused that wether this groupwise method suits my situation.
#
#
# Best wishes,
# chunfang