[Insight-users] itk Registration Optimization

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 20 09:54:53 EST 2008

Hi Sojan,

1) Yes, the optimized registration classes are *now* in
    the Code/Review directory. They take advantage now of
    multi-processors. Note that we are further working
    on reducing their memory requirements.

2) Yes, the classes will be included in ITK 3.6, but still
    as part of the Review directory. This means that their
    API may still change drastically, and even that these
    classes may be removed in a future release. Note however
    that in order to use this classes, you don't need to
    change your code. Instead you just need to enable the
    following CMake flags:

         ITK_USE_REVIEW
         ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

    You will find both options in the set of Advanced
    CMake variables.

3) The expected release date of ITK 3.6 is mid March 2008.

Of course, you could use the current CVS version of ITK in
order to experiment with these classes. We will appreciate
any feedback.