[Insight-users] ITK filter that just lets the data pass through

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Fri Feb 22 04:34:34 EST 2008

Hi Anja, hello fellow itk users,

Anja, I do not know your actual application, but the problem you're describing and the way you want to solve it might indicate a general design issue in your application. Besides this and the fact that the following might be considered a bad practice, is there anything that speaks against using ImageToImageFilter<> for this? I did not try this, but there don't seem to be any pure virtual members left from underlying classes at a first glance.

Regards
 Hendrik

Anja Ende <anja.ende at googlemail.com> hat am 22. Februar 2008 um 09:17 geschrieben:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there a filter in ITK that does basically nothing and just lets the data pass through.
>
> I need this because I have a class with multiple image data sources and I wanted the output of the class to just come from one source (which could be that filter). So, I basically will adjust the pipeline based on which data source is current...
>
> Hope that made some sense...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anja

Brilliance is typically the act of an individual, but incredible
stupidity can usually be traced to an organization. - Jon Bentley

Hendrik Belitz, Computer Scientist
email: hbelitz at computer.org or hbelitz at ieee.org