[Insight-users] Errors with templates with gcc 4.1.3

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 25 05:11:43 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am having problems with compiling the following bit of code:

Say I have a class declaration as follows:

class ITK2VTK
{
public:
                template<typename T>
                void Test()
                {
                    typedef itk::Image<T, 3> ImageType;
                    typedef itk::VTKImageExport<ImageType> ExportFilterType;
                    // The following line gives the error.
                    typedef itk::VTKImageExport<ImageType>::Pointer
ExportFilterPointer;

                    ExportFilterType::Pointer ExportFilterPointer;
                    ExportFilterPointer itkExporter =
ExportFilterType::New();
                }
};

The line:  typedef itk::VTKImageExport<ImageType>::Pointer
ExportFilterPointer; fails with the following error:

error: too few template-parameter-lists

Doing a search on the Internet yielded people with the same problems but
with static class members. However, I do not have any static definitions
here...

Anyone has any idea what is happening here?

Cheers,

Anja