[Insight-users] Re: FW: Problem with Demons Variant Deformable Registration

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Wed Feb 27 17:08:43 EST 2008

Hi Sajendra --

There are some known problems with the fast symmetric demons forces code
currently in ITK. These have been discussed on the mailing list, but
were never resolved.

Here's an idea though: Tom Vercauteren of INRIA has provided a vastly
improved variant of the demons algorithm, including among other features
also a working fast symmetric forces implementation. I believe his code
is currently in the Review/ directory of the ITK source tree. In any
case, you can also get his original implementation from the
InsightJournal website:

 http://insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_publication.php?back=search.php%3Ftexte%3Dvercauteren&pubid=154

My suggestion would be for you to give Tom's code a try. Maybe that will
solve your problems.

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Rohlfing, PhD          SRI International, Neuroscience Program
 Research Scientist             333 Ravenswood Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     "Though this be madness, yet there is a method in't"