[Insight-users] How to compute the Hessian?

Iván Macía imacia at vicomtech.org
Mon Jan 14 09:13:19 EST 2008

Hi Rashed,

As an alternative you can have a look at my recently submitted paper

Generalized Computation of Gaussian Derivatives Using ITK
http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/publications.php?journa
lid=9

where I have implemented a Hessian computation based on discrete derivative
Gaussian kernels.

In general it is slower (though I think more precise) than recursive
Gaussian computations but might be advantageous in the case you are
computing the Hessian in only a few points of the image (such as when
performing vessel tracking). The memory footprint is also much lower.

And if you like it it would be nice if you could make a review :)

Best regards

Iván Macía