[Insight-users] files extension

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jan 17 08:06:55 EST 2008

Hi Josian,

Please read the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the chapter "Reading and Writing Images".

You will also find useful to look at the FAQ,
in particular the entry:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ#What_3D_file_formats_can_ITK_import_and_export.3F

If you are trying the ".img" extension as an attempt
to use the Analyze file format, you should rather use
".hdr". This will write two files: a header file with
extension ".hdr" and a binary file with extension ".img".

You may also find interesting to use the format:

    MetaImage : extension .mhd
    Nrrd:     : extension .nrrd
    Nifti     : extension .nii
    VTK       : extension .vtk