[Insight-users] Very Basic ITK Question

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:21:52 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I am trying to Evaluate the Hessian at a 3D point. I am looking at these
functions of GaussianDerivativeImageFunction

virtual OutputType 	Evaluate (const InputType &input) const=0
virtual TOutput 	Evaluate (const PointType &point) const=0
virtual OutputType 	Evaluate (const PointType &point) const

How do I use Evaluate?? I tried creating a 3D point using:
typedef itk::Point< int, Dimension > PointType;
PointType point;
point[0] = 5; // x coordinate
point[1] = 5; // y coordinate
point[2] = 5; // z coordinate

But when i feed this into Evaluate, it doesnt compile. It expects a
PointType& and i can't seem to be able to convert PointType to PointType&

Thanks,
Rashed