[Insight-users] itkSoftwareGuide - levelsets example: a mistake?

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 27 00:20:33 EST 2008

Hi,

I tried to run the example in:
Examples/Segmentaion/LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx
on a 3d image.
According to the itkSoftwareGuide (pp 564, 2.4 version): "In a binary
image, for example, the isosurface is found midway between the
foreground
and background values."
But almost nothing was happened.
When I changed the iso-surface value to 0 (my background value). It works well.
I also found that for the threshold levelset image filter example, the
guide said to set the iso-surface value to 0 (pp 557, 2.4 edition)

I got confused.
Any explanation?

Thanks,
Moti