[Insight-users] How to implement the multi-planar reconstruction(MPR) using the ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 18:37:05 EDT 2008

Hi 熊俊

                  Welcome to ITK !

Yes, You can easily implement multi-planar reconstruction (MPR) in ITK.

MPR is simply a fancy (and now obsolete) name for

          "resampling an image in an arbitrary orientation"

It looks good in product descriptions though...   :-)

----

Please read the ITK Software Guide:

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the section on Geometrical Transformation,
where the use of the ResampleImageFilter is described.

The ITK components that you need to combine are:

    a) ResampleImageFilter
    b) VersorRigid3DTransform
    c) LinearInterpolator (or BSpline is you have
       a powerful computer and what a higher quality
       resampling.

You will find source code examples in

    Insight/Examples/
ResampleImageFilter.cxx
ResampleImageFilter2.cxx
ResampleImageFilter3.cxx
ResampleImageFilter4.cxx
ResampleImageFilter5.cxx
ResampleImageFilter6.cxx
ResampleImageFilter7.cxx
ResampleImageFilter8.cxx
ResampleImageFilter9.cxx
ResampleOrientedImageFilter.cxx
ResampleVolumesToBeIsotropic.cxx

Set the Rigid transform  to the orientation of
slices that you want to obtain, and set the
parameters of the Resample image filter for the
image grid that you want at the output.