[Insight-users] itk transform apply to vtk polydata

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 18:49:10 EDT 2008

Hi Flavio,

                   It is your lucky day !  :-)

We recently committed an example to InsightApplications, illustrating
how to do exactly that.

Please look at the code in:

                InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

and the files:

                vtkRegistrationMonitor.cxx
                vtkRegistrationMonitor.h

                itkRegisterITKMonitorVTK.cxx

The itkRegistrer..cxx file performs a 3D registration.
It sends Iteration events that are received by the
vtkRegistrationMonitor, which in its turn updates the
visualization of two polydata surfaces extracted from
the fixed and moving images by using the vtkContour
filter.

the usage should be as simple as:

itkRegisterITKMonitorVTK  fixedImage movingImage outputDir/outputimage

Note that you MUST explicitly add the directory of the output image.

This is because, as a bonus, the application saves into png files
screenshots of the visualization at every 10 iterations. These PNG
files will be saved in the "outputDir" directory.

    Please give it a try and let us konw if you
    find any problems,