[Insight-users] pointer to get the raw data

Subrahmanyam Gorthi subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:12:35 EDT 2008

Dear Woo-jin,

>> e.g. when I using the itkImageSeriesReader   and loaded the series of PNG
image
>> how can I get the pointer to the raw data?

I am afraid I did not understand your query correctly.

You can look into the example on itkImageSeriesReader available at:
ITK\Examples\IO\DicomSeriesReadPrintTags.cxx
The code looks like this:
typedef  itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >      ImageType;
typedef  itk::ImageSeriesReader< ImageType >  ReaderType

// Then generate the file names using the FileGetInputFieNames, as in the
example.
reader->SetFileNames( fileNames );
 reader->Update();

You do not have to seperately get the pointer to the loaded image;
the variable "reader" itself is the pointer to your raw data.

Does that answer your question?

Warm regards,
Subrahmanyam Gorthi.