[Insight-users] INSIGHT JOURNAL: managedITK (ITK 3.8 ?)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 7 14:11:05 EDT 2008

Hi Dan,

First of all,

Thanks a lot for contributing "managedITK" to the Insight Journal.

This is the kind of paper that we are very happy to see in the Journal.

Given the demand for managedITK, it seems that it will be appropriate
to include it in the upcoming release of ITK 3.8.

Two distribution directories that come to mind as options are:

      *  Insight/Wrapping/managedITK
      *  InsightApplications/ManagedITK

Could you please advice on what would be the most convenient
place to introduce managedITK in the ITK distribution ?

At first glance, it seems that the "managedITK/Source" directory
contains the largest group of files. This is 3.2 Mbytes.

Is there material that can be merged/shared with the other
wrappings ?

Also, we recently updated th NumericTraitsRGBPixel file.
I'm not sure if that addresses the changes that you had
to make in the patch, or maybe we still have to merge
those too in the ITK CVS trunk.

   Thanks for any advice,

        Luis