[Insight-users] Image Series Order - itk::ImageSeriesReader, SetReverseOrder

M. Wirtzfeld wirtzfeld at rogers.com
Mon Jul 7 16:01:06 EDT 2008

Good afternoon,

We are currently writing registration code to handle mono-modality
and multi-modality image registration using CT and MR data-sets.

At the present time, the code is able to perform registration using
both of these data-sets.  The fixed-image is two-dimensional (treated
as three-dimensional image-type by the code) and the moving-image is
a volume created from a sequence of two-dimensional DICOM slices.

Using the itk::ImageSeriesReader class, mono-modality CT registration
requires the SetReverseOrder method of this class to be called with a
"true" boolean value and MR registration requires a "false" boolean
value when the respective volumes are created.

I have ensured that the maximum-step used by the optimizer is
properly set in both cases.

I believe the root of this requirement lies in the meta-data of the
DICOM images that comprise the CT and MR data-sets, but I do not know
why or what to look for in order to help find an answer.

I have not used ITK extensively and this is my first experience with
image-processing.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Michael.

Michael Wirtzfeld
Robarts Research

"Prefer the standard to the offbeat." - Strunk & White