[Insight-users] Fwd: Fwd: DicomImageViewer and ImageViewer not visualice Dicom Images in RGB

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 9 09:43:53 EDT 2008

Hi Kendra,

Thanks for your Open Source spirit of going after improving an existing
application.

The modifications in the ImageViewer will require to replace the
ImageFileReader with a SeriesFileReader.

I would suggest to look at:

A)

     Insight/Examples/IO/DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

B)

     InsightApplications/LiverTumorSegmentation/
                               DicomImageReader.h
                               DicomImageReader.txx
                               DicomImageReaderBase.cxx
                               DicomImageReaderBase.h
                               DicomImageReaderGUI.fl

C) InsighApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

                 vtkKWImage.cxx
                 vtkKWImage.h
                 vtkKWImageIO.cxx
                 vtkKWImageIO.h

D) InsightApplications/SNAP

       SNAP will be able to load DICOM series and
       to visualize them in 3D orthogonal slices.

The simplest change, will be to use the code from (A).

The most modular change will be to use the code from (C) but it
has the disadvantage that then the ImageViewer will depend on VTK

Please take a look at the code and let us know if you have
any questions.

BTW: If you are simply looking for a good DICOM Viewer,
      Slicer may be a better option.